Sunday 13 July 2014

Talent For Textiles......



......if you love vintage fabric.......


......or vintage quilts..........


.....or beautiful habadashery......


.......and adorable fripperies.........


.....then i'd imagine you would've loved this beautiful fair......


.....set in the idyllic surroundings of brownsword hall in poundbury......


....with a cool breeze wafting the beautiful linens......

(three little pigs quilt so gorgeous 
on sue meager's beautiful stall)

....it was hard to resist all the amazing temptations.....


.....but i was very well behaved.....


.....(maybe just a little bit sulky
 to have to leave some of those quilts behind....
....oh and a cute peg doll in a top hat and crochet coat
that really ought to have belonged to me?!)


......and i adore my little scoop of foraged treasure....

(yes.....vintage french squirrel stamps.....
thank-you so much lovely washerwoman!)


.....off to stitch again......
......my fingers can't keep up with all this inspiration!
X




8 comments:

  1. Looked like a lovely fair
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would of been tempted.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous treasures....how fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found a Squirrel Stamp! That was fate indeed. I haven't been to a vintage fair for many a long day but this looks lovely. I am rather partial to a new quilt myself - the colour and patterns are always a gorgeous mix aren't they. We have one of those fold up metal beds behind the shed in the garden....oh dear....I will get it out this week having seen this one.
    Have a lovely sunny week
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could have visited. I saw you today but you didn't see me!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most envious! wish I'd kept up to date on 'what's on where' x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, my heart's all a-flutter looking at those pictures! I must get over your way one day for all that vintage goodness! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I would definitely have enjoyed that day! Sooo many lovely treasures... sigh...
    Happy stitching and enjoy the sunshine :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

....thank you so much for leaving a comment...i love to hear from you....x